- The decays B+→J/ψ3π+2π− and B+→ψ(2S)π+π+π− are observed for the first time using a data sample corresponding to an integrated luminosity of 3.0 fb^-1, collected by the LHCb experiment in proton-proton collisions at the centre-of-mass energies of 7 and 8TeV. The branching fractions relative to that of B+→ψ(2S)K+ are measured to be B(B+ → J/ ψ3π+2π−)/B(B+ → ψ (2S)K+) = (1.88±0.17±0.09)×10^−2, B(B+ → ψ (2S)π+π+π−)/B(B+ → ψ (2S)K+) = (3.04±0.50±0.26)×10^−2,where the first uncertainties are statistical and the second are systematic.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's version
- Springer Publisher's website
- European Physical Journal C, Particles and Fields Journal website
- Publication date:
- Acceptance date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- CERN for the benefit of the LHCb collaboration 2017
- Copyright date:
- © CERN for the benefit of the LHCb collaboration 2017. This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.
Observation of B+→J/ψ3π+2π− and B+→ψ(2S)π+π+π− decays.
Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior More from this funder
Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development More from this funder
Fundação Carlos Chagas Filho de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do Rio de Janeiro More from this funder
Brazilian Funding Authority for Studies and Projects More from this funder
Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China More from this funderExpand funders...