- We examine how susceptible jobs are to computerisation. To assess this, we begin by implementing a novel methodology to estimate the probability of computerisation for 702 detailed occupations, using a Gaussian process classifier. Based on these estimates, we examine expected impacts of future computerisation on US labour market outcomes, with the primary objective of analysing the number of jobs at risk and the relationship between an occupations probability of computerisation, wages and educational attainment.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Accepted manuscript
- Elsevier Publisher's website
- Technological Forecasting and Social Change Journal website
- Publication date:
- Acceptance date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- © 2016 Published by Elsevier Inc.
- Copyright date:
- © 2016 Published by Elsevier Inc. This is the author accepted manuscript following peer review version of the article. The final version is available online from Elsevier at: 10.1016/j.techfore.2016.08.019
The future of employment: how susceptible are jobs to computerisation?
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record