2-(2-Methoxyphenyl)-1,3-dimethyl-1H-benzoimidazol-3-ium iodide as a new air-stable n-type dopant for vacuum-processed organic semiconductor thin films.
- 2-(2-Methoxyphenyl)-1,3-dimethyl-1H-benzoimidazol-3-ium iodide (o-MeO-DMBI-I) was synthesized and employed as a strong n-type dopant for fullerene C(60), a well-known n-channel semiconductor. The coevaporated thin films showed a maximum conductivity of 5.5 S/cm at a doping concentration of 8.0 wt% (14 mol%), which is the highest value reported to date for molecular n-type conductors. o-MeO-DMBI-I can be stored and handled in air for extended periods without degradation and is thus promising for various organic electronic devices.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher copy:
- American Chemical Society Publisher's website
- Journal of the American Chemical Society Journal website
- Publication date:
- Source identifiers:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- American Chemical Society
- Copyright date:
- © 2012 American Chemical Society. The full text of this article is not available in ORA. You may be able to access the article via the publisher copy link above.
Views and Downloads
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record