The unipotent Albanese map and Selmer varieties for curves
- We study the unipotent Albanese map that associates the torsor of paths for p-adic fundamental groups to a point on a hyperbolic curve. It is shown that the map is very transcendental in nature, while standard conjectures about the structure of mixed motives provide control over the image of the map. As a consequence, conjectures of ‘Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer type’ are connected to finiteness theorems of Faltings-Siegel type.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
(Accepted manuscript, pdf, 298.4KB)
- Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University Publisher's website
- Publications of the Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences Journal website
- Publication date:
- Source identifiers:
- Copyright holder:
- Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University
- Copyright date:
- Copyright © 2009 Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University.
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record