- Oligonucleotides containing internal triazole-3'-LNA linkages bind to complementary RNA with similar affinity and specificity to unmodified oligonucleotides, and significantly better than oligonucleotides containing triazole alone. In contrast LNA on the 5'-side of the triazole does not stabilise duplexes. Triazole-LNA confers great resistance towards enzymatic degradation relative to LNA alone.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's version
- BB/J001694/2 (extending the boundaries of nucleic acid chemistry)
- Royal Society of Chemistry Publisher's website
- Chemical Communications Journal website
- Publication date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- Kumar et al.
- Copyright date:
- This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported Licence.
Locked nucleic acid (LNA) enhances binding affinity of triazole-linked DNA towards RNA
+ Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council More from this funder