End of life care: how do we move forward?
- Death and dying are inevitable. High quality and accessible palliative and end of life care can help people who are facing progressive life-threatening and life-limiting illness, and those dear to them, by focusing on their quality of life and addressing the problems associated with their situation. This paper draws attention to the scale of the challenge, some of the key areas we could address and the shifts in culture, mindset and leadership approach that are needed.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Reviewed (Other)
- Publisher's version
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh Publisher's website
- Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh Journal website
- Publication date:
- Acceptance date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Copyright date:
- © 2017 Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh. This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available immediately upon publication without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.