An axisymmetric inclusion in one of two perfectly bonded dissimilar elastic half-spaces
- This paper introduces an effective method for the solution of axisymmetric elastic inclusions in bonded dissimilar half-spaces. The method leads to new concise expressions for the elastic fields in terms of only two scalar Papkovich potential functions. A host of earlier solutions, which were obtained using a range of alternative techniques, involving surface stress relaxation and Hankel transforms, are shown to be subsumed in the present result.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher copy:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Publisher's website
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED MECHANICS-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME Journal website
- Publication date:
- Source identifiers:
- Local pid:
- Deposit date:
- Copyright holder:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Copyright date:
- Copyright © 1997 by The American Society of Mechanical Engineers. The full text of this article is not available in ORA. You may be able to access the article via the publisher copy link above.