Objective: To investigate whether the mortality gap has reduced in recent years between people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder and the general population.
Design: Record linkage study.
Setting: English hospital episode statistics and death registration data for patients discharged 1999-2006.
Participants: People discharged from inpatient care with a diagnosis of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, followed for a year after discharge.
Main outcome measures: Age...Expand abstract
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's version
- University of Oxford
- Research group:
- Unit of Health Care Epidemiology
- Medical Sciences Division - Public Health - Unit of Health Care Epidemiology
- Principal Investigator (PI)
- Copyright holder:
- U. Hoang, R. Stewart & M. J. Goldacre
- Copyright date:
- This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial License, which permits use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non commercial and is otherwise in compliance with the license. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/ and http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/legalcode.