Maternal suicide risk among refugees and migrants.
- Suicide is a leading cause of maternal mortality across all income settings. Published data underestimates the true burden because these deaths are frequently reported as accidental. Pregnancy-related suicide in refugee and migrant populations is rarely reported, although risk is probably increased as a result of multiple psychosocial and socioeconomic stresses. Data on suicide rates of refugees and migrants before resettlement are particularly scarce.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Accepted manuscript
- Elsevier Publisher's website
- International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics Journal website
- Publication date:
- Source identifiers:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Copyright date:
- © 2016 International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Published by Elsevier Ireland Ltd. under a Creative Commons license. All rights reserved.
Views and Downloads
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record