The hepatitis C virus p7 protein forms an ion channel that is inhibited by long-alkyl-chain iminosugar derivatives.
- We show that hepatitis C virus (HCV) p7 protein forms ion channels in black lipid membranes. HCV p7 ion channels are inhibited by long-alkyl-chain iminosugar derivatives, which have antiviral activity against the HCV surrogate bovine viral diarrhea virus. HCV p7 presents a potential target for antiviral therapy.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's version
- National Academy of Sciences Publisher's website
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America Journal website
- Publication date:
- Source identifiers:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- National Academy of Sciences
- Copyright date:
- Copyright © 2003, The National Academy of Sciences