- Susceptibility to impaired metabolic health in relation to obesity is not necessarily mediated by overall fatness, but is largely dependent on distribution of body fat and the ability to sufficiently expand adipose tissue. A recent study published in Diabetes, provides genetic evidence to support the concept of a ‘metabolically healthy obese’ phenotype.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Reviewed (Other)
- Accepted manuscript
- Nature Publishing Group Publisher's website
- Nature Reviews Endocrinology Journal website
- Publication date:
- Acceptance date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- Macmillan Publishers Limited.
- Copyright date:
- © 2016 Macmillan Publishers Limited. All rights reserved. This is the accepted manuscript version of the article. The final version is available online from Nature Publishing Group at: https://doi.org/10.1038/nrendo.2016.77