Two-way photonic interface for linking the Sr+ transition at 422 nm to the telecommunication C band
- We report a single-stage bi-directional interface capable of linking Sr+ trapped ion qubits in a long-distance quantum network. Our interface converts photons between the Sr+ emission wavelength at 422 nm and the telecoms C-band to enable low-loss transmission over optical fiber. We have achieved both up- and down-conversion at the single photon level with efficiencies of 9.4% and 1.1% respectively. Furthermore we demonstrate noise levels that are low enough to allow for genuine quantum operation in the future.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's Version
- American Physical Society Publisher's website
- Physical Review Applied Journal website
- Publication date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- American Physical Society
- Copyright date:
- Published by the American Physical Society under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. Further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the published article's title, journal citation, and DOI.