- This article offers a first edition of BM 23820+23831, a manuscript of a previously unknown Old Babylonian Sumerian poem on the relationship between the goddess Innana and king Išme-Dagan of Isin. The king is initially depicted as a humiliated supplicant who suffers under Innana’s wrath, until the intervention of his personal god restores Innana’s favour. A mythological catalogue lists other individuals and places who offended the goddess and were destroyed by her in retribution.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's version
- De Gruyter Publisher's website
- Zeitschrift fuer Assyriologie und Vorderasiatische Archaeologie Journal website
- Publication date:
- Acceptance date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston
- Copyright date:
- Copyright © 2017 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin/Boston.