- Annett's right shift model was used to show that presence of left-handedness in parents or grandparents is an extremely weak indicator of whether or not a person's handedness is influenced by genetic factors. Furthermore, where a genetic influence is present, familial sinistrality is only weakly related to underlying genotype. The usual rationale given for subdividing handedness groups according to familial sinistrality is logically indefensible.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's version
- Publisher copy:
- Elsevier B.V. Publisher's website
- Cortex; a journal devoted to the study of the nervous system and behavior Journal website
- Publication date:
- Source identifiers:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- Masson Italia Periodici s.r.l. Milano.
- Copyright date:
- Copyright 1990 Masson Italia Periodici s.r.l. Milano. Published by Elsevier Ltd. We are not permitted to provide full-text of this article at this time. You may be able to access the article via the publisher copy link above.