- A Cu(I)-catalysed addition and cyclisation sequence has been developed for the synthesis of (E)-alkylidene pyrrolinone derivatives. The reactions incorporate simple α-keto amides and alkynes as substrates, and employ a commercially available Cu(I) catalyst. The process tolerates good variation of both starting materials, and delivers the desired pyrrolinones in good yields, with high levels of stereocontrol.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Publisher's Version
- Royal Society of Chemistry Publisher's website
- Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry Journal website
- Publication date:
- Acceptance date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- The Royal Society of Chemistry
- Copyright date:
- © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2018. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported Licence.
Copper-catalysed synthesis of alkylidene 2-pyrrolinone derivatives from the combination of α-keto amides and alkynes
Agency for Science, Technology and Research More from this funder
+ Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council More from this funder
AstraZeneca More from this funder
Diamond Light Source More from this funder
Defense Science and Technology Laboratory More from this funderExpand funders...
Views and Downloads
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record