- We present results of our program Spitzer/IRS Mapping of local Luminous Infrared Galaxies (LIRGs). The maps cover the central 20"x20" or 30"x 30" regions of the galaxies, and use all four IRS modules to cover the full 5-38 microns spectral range. We have built spectral maps of the main mid-IR emission lines, continuum and PAH features, and extracted 1D spectra for regions of interest in each galaxy. The final goal is to fully characterize the mid-IR properties of local LIRGs as a first step to understanding their more distant counterparts.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Accepted Manuscript
- Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg Publisher's website
- Astrophysics and Space Science Proceedings
- Publication date:
- Pubs id:
- Local pid:
- Copyright holder:
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright date:
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (abstract only). Please note that this is the full paper. Abstract published in the proceedings.
Spitzer/IRS mapping of local luminous infrared galaxies
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record